|ShoreMatter, the Shorematter logo and all other Shorematter marks contained herein are trademarks of
shorematter.com Intellectual Property. Other logos and trademarks are intellectual property of their respective owners.
External links are provided for reference purposes. Shorematter is not responsible for the content of external links.
Not only can a well-managed integrity engineering programme help operators
identify and reduce safety risks before they escalate, but focusing on asset
integrity can also play a major role in both achieving operational excellence and
extending the life of ageing assets.
Typical responsibilities for an Integrity Engineer would be, to coordinate efficient
and cost effective implementation of inspections and integrity management
programs and to ensure integrity of plant facilities including all onshore and
offshore structures, pipelines, stationary equipment, piping systems, etc. Our
Integrity Engineers may be required to manage, develop, or conduct the following:
- A 3P's process (People, Process, product).
- A high level Integrity management Philosophy which includes, Verification,
Facilities (Basic repair methods and strategies / Static equipment repair and
temporary repairs, Fabric maintenance) Corrosion Engineering, Inspection
Engineering Chemical management Maintenance management.
- A Competency Management scheme.
- An Risk Based Inspection (RBI) analysis.
- An Integrity processes. i.e. (Write RBI methodologies, Temporary Repair
methodologies, Maintenance Strategies, Mechanical Integrity Management
Strategy (MIMS), Structural Integrity Management Strategy (SIMS), Pipeline
Integrity Management Strategy (PIMS), and circuitise the plant process).
- Verification Schemes. (Performance Standards management).
- Conduct Life extension studies.
- A Fit for service reviews.
- Write and review Integrity Management Plans.
- Identify, investigate and assess deterioration/corrosion and ensure timely
maintenance of the affected facilities.
- Implement Inspection and Corrosion Control Policy and Risk Based
Inspection (RBI) methods to manage integrity, and optimize inspections
frequency, maintenance cost and plant availability.
- Lead and conduct RBI reviews.
- Participate in preparation of Capital and Operating budgets for Inspection.
- Monitor and oversee the execution of inspection programs and activities.
Liaise closely with Operations, Technical Services, Corrosion engineering,
Inspection Engineering, Verification Engineering, Process/Chemical and
Mechanical Engineering and other Maintenance Units to coordinate major
shutdowns and turn-around activities.
- Supervise, witness and participate in certification process of hydro tests and
load test of lifting devices and cylinders.
- Ensure systematic and consistent implementation of work methods and
procedures used in Maintenance and Inspection and recommend
- Ensure systematic update of maintenance management systems.
- Participate in technical studies, Process and Instrument diagram reviews,
Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assessments and HAZOP’s.
Lead in Failure investigations:
Integrity Engineering encompasses the concept of:
- Consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles,
expectations, and outcomes.
- An undivided or unbroken completeness or totality with nothing wanting.
- Knowledge of many interface of technology.
- Balancing and countering the materials degradation process during the in-
service life cycle of equipment.
Integrity Engineering is a term applied to the engineering disciplines associated
with the design, assurance, and verification functions that ensure a product,
process, or system meets its appropriate and intended requirements.
Application of these disciplines should not adversely impact a program, but should
in fact cost.
It is also considered as the discipline and profession of acquiring and applying
scientific, mathematical, economic, social, legal and practical knowledge to the
assurance, and verification functions that ensure a product, process, or system
meets (and is meeting) its appropriate and intended safety, legal, and business